Butterscotch - Pretzel Bars

BUTTERSCOTCH - PRETZEL BARS... Yummy !!!!

I learned how to make these from my grandmother on my dad's side (my dad's mother).
I was around 12 years old, I went to her house and we went food shopping because I was staying for the weekend. 

While we were food shopping, I looked in the cart and there was all this sweet new stuff that we never got before, such as crushed pretzels, whip cream & butterscotch-flavored pieces.
I said "Um grandma what's all this" & She said "Well Khaylah when we get home I'm going to teach you how to make my mother's favorite snack" & I just nodded my head and smiled.

So, today I am going to teach you, ladies, how to make this amazing snack.

Makes up to 36 bars
It only takes 25 minutes to make
It should chill for 2 hours

INGREDIENTS Non-stick cooking spray
1 1/2 cups of powdered sugar
1 cup of creamy peanut butter
6 tablespoons of melted butter
2 cups of crushed pretzels (about 6-1/2 ounces)
1 11-ounce package (about 2 cups) of butterscotch-flavored pieces
1/4 cup of whipping cream
1/2 cup of coarsely crushed pretzels
1/2 cup of chopped peanuts

DIRECTIONS
  1. Line a 13x9x2 inch pan with foil. Lightly coat the foil with cooking spray; set aside. In a large mixing bowl stir together powdered sugar, peanut butter, and melted butter. Stir in 2 cups of crushed pretzels. Press mixture firmly into the bottom of prepared pan.
  2. In a heavy medium saucepan, combine butterscotch pieces and whipping cream. Stir over low heat until pieces are just melted.
  3. Carefully spoon and spread butterscotch mixture over crumb mixture in pan. Sprinkle 1/2 cup of coarsely crushed pretzels and the peanuts evenly over butterscotch mixture; press gently.
  4. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours. Cut into bars to serve. Store in refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Thanks! For coming to my blog and learning something new.
Comment any questions you have.
Share with your friends & Let me know how everything came out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

White Cupcakes

How to make soft Chocolate Chip Cookes

About me !!!